Currently the Khorana Program is on hold and therefore not accepting participants. Please check the IUSSTF website for more program information or please email email@example.com.
Scholarship – Scholarship includes stipend, airfare, and health insurance. Depending on the university, accommodation may or may not be covered. Scholars may be asked to provide their own funds to supplement housing coverage.
Khorana Program for Scholars Application Guidelines and Program Requirements
- Indian citizens currently enrolled in a recognized Institution of Higher Education in India
- Pre-final year students enrolled in B.Tech., M. Tech., MSc., B.E., M.E., M.S., Integrated B.S-M.S., B.V.Sc., M.V.Sc., B. Pharm., M. Pharm., MBBS., and Master in Medical Science and Technology (MMST) at recognized institutions of higher education in India in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health and biomedical sciences) are eligible to apply.
- Only those candidates who shall be completing their degree program on or after May of the internship year are eligible to apply. Final year/PhD students are NOT eligible to apply
- Applications in subject – fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
- The applicant should have:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or higher, OR
- Percentage: 80% and higher
Application Deadline: Typically October Prior to the Internship Year
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs <- LINK HERE. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
Important Note to Applicants: We would suggest looking up mentor/ professors in the United States that you would be interested in working with after you submit your application. If you are selected for the program, you will be asked to begin reaching out to mentors and it will be to your advantage if you already have a list of mentors to reach out. Once you are accepted it is usually only a few weeks time before you should have your mentor confirmed.
- Good information to collect in this process would be the name of the U.S. faculty member, the university they work at, the e-mail of the U.S. faculty member, a link to the webpage of the U.S. Faculty Member and three to five sentences on why you want to work with this Professor and what you hope to gain from the experience.
- If you wish, you may reach out to professors before acceptance to see if they have openings however, you must let them know that you do not have the scholarship yet and that you may not be selected. We do not want mentors thinking you already have the scholarship and then being upset if you do not get selected.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions