Scholarship – Scholarship includes stipend, airfare, and health insurance. Depending on the university, accommodation may or may not be covered. Scholars may be asked to provide their own funds to supplement housing coverage.
SN Bose Program for Scholars 2019 Application Guidelines and Program Requirements
- Candidates currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Atmospheric and earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences are eligible to apply.PhD students are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applications in subject – fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
- Only those candidates who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Applications are accepted through nominations/endorsements only.
- The departments from each institute have been asked to nominate 2 of their beststudents from each discipline for the program.
- Two applications per stream, per department, per institute. For this purpose, for example, the usual two years Masters in physics and Integrated Masters in Physics may be counted as 2 different streams and 2 different applications.
- In case the top 2 nominated students do not wish to apply, your department may choose to endorse other two meritorious students.
Application Deadline: October 31st 2019
Applications should be submitted using the Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs <- LINK HERE. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
Important Note to Applicants: We would suggest looking up mentor/ professors in the United States that you would be interested in working with after you submit your application. If you are selected for the program, you will be asked to begin reaching out to mentors and it will be to your advantage if you already have a list of mentors to reach out. Once you are accepted it is usually only a few weeks time before you should have your mentor confirmed.
- Good information to collect in this process would be the name of the U.S. faculty member, the university they work at, the e-mail of the U.S. faculty member, a link to the webpage of the U.S. Faculty Member and three to five sentences on why you want to work with this Professor and what you hope to gain from the experience.
- If you wish, you may reach out to professors before acceptance to see if they have openings however, you must let them know that you do not have the scholarship yet and that you may not be selected. We do not want mentors thinking you already have the scholarship and then being upset if you do not get selected.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.